Here are 75 funny book jokes and the best book puns to crack you up. These jokes about books are great jokes for kids and adults.
Here is our top list of book dad jokes. Find your favorite puns about books, have a laugh, then share and enjoy this book humor with others.
Here are some of our favorite dad jokes about books that are also awesome book jokes for adults and kids to be told!
- Who writes books for little bees? Bee-trix Potter.
- What does Buzz Lightyear like to read? Comet books.
- What does a librarian take fishing? Bookworms.
- Why was the book so good at using Tinder? He had a good opening line.
- What did the librarian say to someone who checked out over 100 books? Don’t overdue it.
- Do you like the book you’re reading? It has prose and cons.
- Want to hear a joke about a book? Never mind, it’s tear-rible.
- What type of books do owls like to read? Hooo-dunnits.
- Why did the ghost keep coming back to the library? He went through his books too quickly.
- Why did the book go to the doctor? Someone broke its spine.
- What’s the best thing to read in the woods? Poe-tree.
- How do you track a book? You follow their footnotes.
- How did the robot’s teacher mark his book? With robo-ticks.
- Why does a ghost need so many books? Because it goes through them so quickly.
- Why do bookworms breakup? Because they are not on the same page.
- Why did the dog run after the book? He was chasing his tale.
- Which books are the hardest to force yourself to read through? Friction books.
- What was Schrödinger’s favorite childhood book? The Cat in The Box by Dr. Seuss.
- Why does an elephant use its trunk as a bookmark? So it nose where it stopped reading.
- Why should you not write a book on penguins? Because writing a book on paper is much easier.
- Did the bartender tell you his favorite book? It’s Tequila Mockingbird.
- Why can’t librarians finish mystery books? They keep reading between the lines.
- Are you sure you want to borrow all those books? You don’t want to overdue it.
- What do you do if your dog starts eating a book? You take the words right out of his mouth.
- Why did the vampire go to the library? He wanted to sink his teeth into a really good book.
- Why is a mathematics book always unhappy? Because it has a lot of problems.
- Did you hear about the notebook who married the pencil? She finally found Mr. Write.
- How many books can Dora fit in her empty backpack? One. After that it’s not empty.
- What is a vampire’s favorite book? Wuthering Bites.
- Why was the floundering seafood restaurant allowed to cook its books? There’s no accounting for taste.
- What did the frog say when it found a book? Reddit, reddit.
- Why did the librarian get kicked off the plane? Because it was overbooked.
- When is a green book not green? When it’s read.
- Have you heard about the new book about bamboo? It’s a great reed.
- Have you heard the one about a chemist who was reading a book about helium? He couldn’t put it down.
- What do musicians read? Band books.
- Why did the bird fly into the library? Because he was looking for bookworms.
- What does one library book say to the other? Can I take you out?
- Why are books so afraid of their sequels? Because they always come after them.
- Why was the book about mountains so interesting? Because it had so many cliff-hangers.
- Why did the library book go to the doctor? It needed to be checked out.
- Have you read the book on teleportation? It’ll definitely take you somewhere.
- Why are books so annoying to be around? They don’t have any shelf awareness.
- Why couldn’t the little witch read her spellbook? It was written in curse-ive.
- What did the tiger say after they ate a joke book? I feel funny.
Book one liners
Here are some great book joke one liners that you can quip whenever someone is talking about books.
- This book on electricity is shocking.
- A book fell on my head. I can only blame my shelf.
- These book puns have tickled your spine.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down.
- That book about Stockholm Syndrome is hard to get into, but by the end it’s great.
- Reading is a novel idea.
- I’ve spent all day reading. It was bound to happen.
- I started reading a book about mazes. I got lost in it.
- I had plans to begin reading a book about sinkholes but they fell through.
- I went into a book store to ask if they had any books about turtles. The cashier asked, hardback? I said, yeah, and little heads.
- The book about Mount Everest had quite a cliff hanger.
- I started a book about gravity. It’s heavy.
- I’m writing a book about banana peels. It’s non-friction.
- This book of spells was useless. The author forgot to run spell check.
- My mum’s spaghetti got in the Guinness Book of Records. I hope she cleans the pages.
- Finally found my book of maps. Atlast.
- My book on clocks finally arrived. It’s about time.
- I was reading some books about loud music. But there were too many volumes.
- I wish I had a book about boomerangs. I lent out my last one but it never came back.
- The dwarfs from Snow White want to tell their side of the story. They’ve signed a 7 figure book deal.
Best book jokes
These next funny book puns are some of our best jokes and puns about books!
- Where do library books like to sleep? Under their covers.
- What does a book do to get thinner? Have its appendix removed.
- I’m reading a romance book in braille. It’s a touching story.
- Have you read the book about hands? It’s a real page turner.
- Where does the library keep books about Big Foot? The large-print section.
- What do planets like to read? Comet books.
- I just wrote a book on reverse psychology. Do not read it.
- Why did the kid always sit in his wardrobe when reading a book? Narnia business.
- What does reading books under the sun make you? Well red.
- Just opened the instruction booklet for my new ladder. It says “step one, then step two, then step three”.
After reading through all these hilarious jokes about books, we hope you had a good laugh.
If you want to hear more funny puns, then check out these other great lists of funny jokes: